For those who know me well, you know I have a very sweet tooth. I have been sugar free for almost three months (this is the 3rd time I've given up sugar, the longest time was for 1.5 years, but this time it's forever) but occasionally I like to indulge in some sweet alternatives. These brownies are my current fave and are super quick to make.
You need the following ingredients:
4 tablespoons raw cacao
3 cups walnuts
1/2 cup almonds or almond meal
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup raisins
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 - 3 tablespoons water
1. Place all the nuts in a food processor and blend till they are relatively fine.
2. Add the dried fruit and mix a little more.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and blend. Do a little taste test to check the sweetness and add more dried fruit if needed.
4. Remove the blade from the blender add a bit of water and then using your hands, squeeze all the dough together.
5. Transfer to a ceramic dish and mould/push the dough into the dish so that it is one long slab of dough.
6. Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set.
7. Slice and serve!
As far as I’m concerned these are as good as real brownies, but packed full of goodness. ENJOY!