Hola amigos!! Greetings from Antigua, Guatemala. Well I've been here a week and it's flown by.
By Friday evening I was so overwhelmed that I kept forgetting how to say hola and wanted to say aloha (go figure!) even though I'd been saying hola all week!
However, having had a weekend of cafe hopping, exploring ruins, visiting museums and art galleries and listening to Latino music in Central Park, I'm ready to face another week of lessons.
For those who know me well, you know I have a very sweet tooth. I have been sugar free for almost three months (this is the 3rd time I've given up sugar, the longest time was for 1.5 years, but this time it's forever) but occasionally I like to indulge in some sweet alternatives. These brownies are my current fave and are super quick to make.
You need the following ingredients:
4 tablespoons raw cacao
3 cups walnuts
1/2 cup almonds or almond meal
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup raisins
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 - 3 tablespoons water
1. Place all the nuts in a food processor and blend till they are relatively fine.
2. Add the dried fruit and mix a little more.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and blend. Do a little taste test to check the sweetness and add more dried fruit if needed.
4. Remove the blade from the blender add a bit of water and then using your hands, squeeze all the dough together.
5. Transfer to a ceramic dish and mould/push the dough into the dish so that it is one long slab of dough.
6. Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set.
7. Slice and serve!
As far as I’m concerned these are as good as real brownies, but packed full of goodness. ENJOY!
My mama Kristina and I have recently completed a 40 day challenge with the Sa Ta Na Ma meditation. This powerful kundalini meditation uses mantra repetition and mudras (hand movements) and is known as the meditation for TRANSFORMATION. The mantra is known to move through different levels of consciousness when repeating the mantra out loud, in a whisper and in silence.
It also has the following benefits: