2 - 3 tablespoons raw cacao
3 cups walnuts
1/2 cup dates
pinch of salt
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Pinch cayenne pepper
- Place cacao, walnuts, dates and salt in a food processor and blend down together till there are very little chunks left from the walnuts.
- Have a taste test and add more dates (if they need sweetening) and more cacao (if you want more chocolate).
- Sprinkle the coconut on a large dinner plate and then scoop approx. a tablespoon of the mixture into your hands.
- Squeeze the mixture together, then roll into balls. Roll the balls in the coconut and place on a clean plate.
- Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set.
Raw cacao contains theobromine which is a mild stimulant similar to caffeine, and walnuts are good for the brain, so I find that indulging in a few of these from time to time can produce feelings of euphoria! Hence why they are called bliss balls :)
If you have any alternatives on this recipe, I would love to hear about them. Enjoy!
Love Lili x